St Mary’s College is an R-12 girls’ school located at 253 Franklin Street in the Central Business District of Adelaide.The College was founded in 1869 by seven Irish sisters from Dominican Convent, Cabra, Dublin who had been invited by Bishop Sheil to establish a secondary school for girls. The first prioress was Mother Mary Teresa Moore OP. St Mary’s College was the first school in South Australia to offer education for girls. It included an institute for the deaf and a boarding and day school. While the school was intended to serve Catholic families, the pioneer sisters welcomed students of every denomination. St Mary’s has a staff of 105 with a student enrolment of 825.
To visit the website please go to www.stmaryscollege.catholic.edu.au.